Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Outline: A conservative general practioner perspective

Let's get a couple things on the table, first and foremost:

1. No decent human being wants people not to have healthcare
2. No decent human being wants people to be killed, or to be sick and die
3. No decent human being wants a difficult life for someone else
4. No realistic honest human being wants to work and not get rewarded for their labor
5. No realistic honest human being wants to work harder for the sake of working harder
6. No realistic honest human being wants to have a difficult life for themself

Now that we have that on the table, we have to realize people approach this health care "crisis" from different vantage points with differences in priority - and none of them with the intention of being evil.

My perspective on the health care crisis will follow, and you are welcome to read my prologue to learn more about the foundations to my beliefs.

I am opposed to Obama's proposed health care plan because:

1. I do not believe it will help patients
2. I do not believe it will help the economy
3. I do not believe it will help my situation
4. I do not believe it will work
5. I do not believe in increasing government control/oversight of the health care industry
6. I do not believe it is being presented/explained adequately
7. I do not believe it addresses the problems we face now, nor have they tried to repair the existing system

I am NOT opposed to Obama's proposed health care plan because:

1. I am "religious"
2. I want people to die, be sick, or not have healthcare
3. I am greedy

No comments:

Post a Comment